Johnson Ultra-Bright Green Laser Offers One-Man Alignment, Leveling, and Layout
Johnson Level released a new Self Leveling 3×360 Laser with its GreenBrite Technology. This particular Johnson green line laser is self-leveling and projects three ultra-bright 360-degree planes of laser light to cover the total jobsite—up to 200 ft. A pulse mode also lets you use it with a separate detector in bright light or outdoor conditions where you typically can’t see a laser.
Back to indoor use—the Johnson 40-6674 laser comes equipped with 3 green beams, one horizontal and two vertical. It lets one person handle alignment, leveling, and layout duties—all using just this laser. Johnson Level also gave it durability, with an IP54 rating that can withstand significant amounts of both dust and water.
Accuracy is pretty good. You get +/- 3/16″ @ 50 feet. For reference, the PLS 3x360G nets you ± 5/64 @ 33 ft for about the same price. Many other products have a similar level of accuracy as the Johnson Level but at 30 feet.
A multi-functional magnetic base is included, and it gives the laser a strong hold that won’t slide around on you. Attach it to steel studs, corner bead, or anything else you can think of—as long as it’s ferrous metal.
The laser rotates a full 360 degrees and can be raised or lowered 2-1/2 inches when attached to the base. When you’re wrapping up, a pendulum lock protects the laser during transport in the included hard-shell carrying case.
- Visual and audible alarms when beyond leveling range
- A multi-functional magnetic base provides a strong hold that resists sliding
- Includes Li-ion rechargeable battery pack for long battery life
- Robust construction (IP54) resists dust and water
- Pendulum lock protects laser during transport
Johnson Self-Leveling Laser Pricing
The Johnson 40-6674 self-leveling laser level comes in a kit with a suggested retail price of $469. At that price, this laser isn’t inexpensive, but the accuracy and features make it competitive among the higher-end products.
Johnson Self-Leveling Laser Specs
- Model: Johnson 40-6674
- Leveling Method: Self-leveling (pendulum)
- Laser Wavelength: 515nm±10nm (Green)
- Laser Classification: Class II
- Maximum Power Output: ≤1mW
- Accuracy: +3/16″ @ 50 ft.
- Self-Leveling Range: +3º
- Power Supply: Li-Ion
- Battery Life: 13 hours
- Working Temperature: 14º F to 113º F
- IP Protection Class: IP54
- Warranty: 3-Year Warranty
- Price: $469