The Keen Utility Arvada Work Shoes Keep Your Feet Safe Without Sacrificing Comfort
Work boots and work shoes are two different animals that thrive in different environments. I’ve spent my fair share of time in steel toe leather work boots, but they’re not always necessary for every work environment. So, when Kenny Koehler asked if I would review the Keen Utility Arvada Work Shoes, my curiosity definitely peaked.
Check out our best work boots review article for our favorite products for all applications.
Keen Utility Arvada Work Shoes Design Notes
The Keen Arvada work shoes are designed for long hours on your feet and constant movement throughout your day. The Keen.ReGEN midsole is ideal for working on hard surfaces, making the Arvada a great option for those working in warehouses, light manufacturing plants, and on assembly lines.
Keen’s outsole offers a more aggressive tread pattern than your typical sneaker for increased traction in wet and dry conditions. Plus, it’s oil and chemical-resistant, which reduces premature wear and tear.
One thing we really love is the non-metallic carbon safety toe. This design is 15% lighter than steel alternatives, making them a great choice for all-day wear.
- Left and right asymmetrical, non-metallic carbon-fiber toe
- KEEN.ReGEN lightweight, compression-resisting midsole provides 50% more energy return than standard EVA foam
- Non-mutilating upper uses eyelets that won’t mar or damage surfaces they rub against
- Reflective webbing for additional safety and visibility
- Nylon shank for midfoot support
- Electrical hazard footwear provides a secondary source of protection in case of accidentally coming into contact with live electrical circuits
- Available Sizes: 7 – 15 (whole sizes only 12 and up)
- Available Colors: Plaza Taupe/Black, Naval Academy/Evening Primrose, Black/Curry, Black/Black
- Safety Rating:
- EH Standard: Meets ASTM F3445-21 and F2413-18 M I/75 C/75 EH standards
- Mark II non-slip: Meets ASTM F1677-96 Mark II non-slip testing standards
- Abrasion Resistant: Meets ASTM SATRA TM31 material abrasion testing standards
- Chemical Resistant Outsole and Midsole: Meets ASTM D471-06 903# oil and isooctane chemical resistance standards
- Safety Toe: Non-metal carbon fiber
- Abrasion-resistant synthetic upper
- Mesh liner
- Removable metatomical PU footbed
- Keen ReGEN midsole
- Oil and slip-resistant non-marking rubber outsole
- Weight: 19.8 oz
Keen Utility Arvada Work Shoes Price
These work shoes carry a retail price of $120 and come with a 30-day trial period. If you’ve not completely happy with your shoes, simply return them for a full refund.
The Bottom Line
After wearing these shoes for a little over a month, I’m happy to report these are now my every day wear. This light-duty safety toe work shoe has many characteristics of my previous athletic shoes. They’re as comfortable and more secure than my sneakers for long days on concrete floors, and the lightweight safety toes protect me on sites that require extra protection.
Learn more at Keen’s website.